Personal trainers give their clients motivation and a model to look up to. They help set fitness goals and plan and decide what is best for the client according to their body and health condition, plus their individual goals and reason for working out.
Here are some tips for how to become a personal trainer:
- You should have a deep understanding of how the human body works to get to know the appropriate exercises for each client and what suits their abilities and needs, in addition to using equipment properly to avoid injuries.
- Get qualified to become a personal trainer, academically and physically. Choose a good accredited organization to get certified, like ACE, ACSM, NASM, ISSA or NSCA, and choose an optional speciality that you are passionate about and get some additional certification. Having a degree in Exercise Science isn’t required, but is definitely a plus!
- All accredited certification programs require you to be at least 18 years old and be certified in CPR and AED.
- Personal trainers must have the qualities of leaders; you should be inspiring, trustworthy and a role model.
- To become a successful personal trainer, look at the best personal trainers around you and follow their footsteps.
- Go find a job! Search for good gyms or fitness centers and try to get a job in one of the best. A good place grants you extra credibility for your name and reputation.
- Make good relationships with clients. Clients tell each other about their personal trainer, so a good one will be well-known in no time.