The ever-present celebrity-brand partnership landscape continues to evolve. And the Fitness Influencers’ time has come. Almost half of brand marketers (48%) said that a Lifestyle Expert is currently the type of influencer most in demand for brand and celebrity partnerships.
The 2017 most important Fitness Influencers are:
- Kayla Itsines (@kayla_itsines): 6,9 million followers. At only 25, Kayla is the most influential fitness star in the world, selling out stadium tours in an hour. Her ‘Sweat With Kayla’ app generated $17 million in revenue in 2016. But, although she is the most important global influencer, she is not the only one fitness celebrity in Instagram, as indicated in this ranking of Positive Health Wellness.
- Jennifer Selter (@jenselter): 11 million followers. Having started out working the front desk ay a gym, Selter now runs seven Instagram accounts.
- Emily Skye (@emilyskyefit): 2 million followers. She started with a Blogspot page sharing meals and workouts and posting about her experience in Fitness competitions. Nowadays Emily Skye has a successful online workout program, an app, video tutorials and a makeup line.
- Michelle Lewin (@michelle_lewin): 10,6 million followers. Acording to Forbes, Lewin earns $10,000 per Instagram post. She has partnerships with a number of brands.
- Joe Wicks (@thebodycoach): 1,8 million followers. ‘The Body Coach’ as he is known to his followers, has built a fitness empire and became a Social Media star. His concept is based on HIIT workouts and 15-minute recipes, which he shares through Instagram videos and cookbooks.
Why are Fitness Influencers so important for marketers?
There are several reasons. The most important one is that they are real people. They are not celebrities. They are real people that have become a celebrity in their respective fields. By the nature of their medium and their content, this category of brand ambassador is among the most trustworthy and relatable
Secondly, they know their audience. Fitness Influencers have built their social media followings from the ground up, which means they have a stronger connection to their community than does a traditional celebrity. They know what their community likes, dislikes, and shares. And all the content they share is high quality, a virtual master-class for the followers.
If you are a fitness trainer and you want to become an influencer, you must know that it is not an easy task. But it is possible. It requires time, dedication and patience. You have to be persistent, know your audience and inspire them. You must use appropriate tools to connect to your audience. It is really difficult to develop your own app as Kayla Itsines has, but you do have one other excellent way to make this possible: Outivate.
Become the expert in your niche. Bodybuilding, yoga, running…whatever your specialty may be, get certified and take part in some competitions. Any kind of degree, certification, award or real-life experience you can get, the more credibility you will have.
And, of course, share about yourself and about your work. Use social media to post your content regularly. Be sure content is current and relevant for your audience. Post in your own social network as well as in other well-known blogs or publications. Be active on social media by liking, commenting, sharing, tweeting and engaging in regular conversations with other relevant social media accounts. Create your own personal brand. And start doing it now.
Maybe you can be the next Kayla Itsines!